Mac Mini Repair: How to install additional RAM
My Mac Mini 2009 was pretty slow with only 1 GB of RAM. I upgraded this to 8 GB and now it’s very fast. The RAM I put in is called “Corsair SODIMM DDR3,1066-8GB.” There is a link below if you’d like to purchase the same for yours.
- On the bottom of your Mac Mini, carefully pop open the bottom case using the method shown. Be patient as some of them can be a little stubborn and you do NOT want to crack it…..emphasis on PATIENCE!
- Now you are able to remove the top and disconnect the ribbon cable.
- Remove the three things shown in the video.
- Remove the 4 screws as shown and you may now remove the inside case. This will expose where you RAM is located.
- Carefully remove the existing RAM card and insert your new Corsair RAM.